FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to edit dolby audio mpa format to premier pro

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy D
Unable to edit dolby audio mpa format to premier pro
on Dec 2, 2005 at 8:48:44 am

I have a Sony DCR-403E DVD handy cam and I want to edit my footages in premier pro 1.5. As far as concern the video I have no problem to use as I demultiplex the vob files from the finalized dvd disc then import. But the problem is the audio which for this specific camera it is in dolby surround format. This format (as I have figured out this must be the problem) is not editable in premier. During the process of demultiplexing the sound is converted in mpa format or ac3. But in Premier although it is imported in the timeline, no sound is heard or waveform is presented in the track. So I figured out if could use a other utility that coverts mpa or ac3 audio file. Anyone knows what I should be looking for? By the way, if I import the mpa file to Windows Movie Maker 2.0 I can convert the file nice and smoothly but unfortunately it lacks the quality of the original mpa file as it can be exported to wma only. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

JRF
Re: Unable to edit dolby audio mpa format to premier pro
by
on Dec 4, 2005 at 2:32:51 pm

Checkout http://www.alfanet.it/squared5/mpegstreamclip.html. This may allow you to convert from the dvd audio format to aiff. However, the recorded audio on the dvd is probably already compressed, so when you recompress to aiff, you may lose the aduio quality no matter what you do.

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.3.8 QT6.5.2

Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800

FCP4.5 DVDSP 3.0.2

Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG12.BIN

ATTO UL4D driver 3.20

AJA IO driver 1.3.1 firmware v21-26

SonicStudio HD DAW, Yamaha DM1000, Genelec Monitors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]