FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using an Ipod or equivalent to record

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ntz
Using an Ipod or equivalent to record
by
on Dec 1, 2005 at 4:38:26 pm

Does anyone here have any experience with ipods or irivers or any other mp3 player? I mean, ease of use, general quality of sound, options (mp3 only or mp3 and aiff; 48 Khz only or possible choices).
Which one would you recommmend?

Return to posts index

Chxeditor
Re: Using an Ipod or equivalent to record
on Dec 1, 2005 at 5:25:12 pm

I bought a Sony mini disk recorder/player a few years back for recording ambient sounds, free of the camera, and I've loved using it. Its 48k, stereo.
I have a sennheisor stereo mike on a fishpole and sometimes I use it for recording "live music" in its entirety, while the cameras roam around for shots. Its not a hard drive like the I-Pod, or other MP3 recorders, but it works great for me.

Return to posts index

Seth Bloombaum
on Dec 1, 2005 at 6:17:37 pm

Check out Marantz 660 and M-Audio Microtrack. More spendy, better recordings - I've had some experience with the 660 and 670, very good stuff.

Return to posts index

ntz
by
on Dec 1, 2005 at 8:05:45 pm

The reason I dont want to go there is that its way more expensive! I know the quality's probably way better, but I wanted to hear if people had used mp3 players, and whether theyd had good experiences...
Thanks for your input though, Ill buy one of these when I get meself a lotta money!

Return to posts index

Matte
on Dec 2, 2005 at 1:28:47 pm

Jump over to the "Event Videographers" Forum on the COW.

MANY users of iRiver units.

Do a Search Posts including the archives.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Dec 3, 2005 at 11:58:48 am

Sony now makes two hi-MD recorders that use 1 GB mini discs and records WAV files.

Very nice sounding.

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]