FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording telephone conversation hardware/software

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tallassistant
Recording telephone conversation hardware/software
on Nov 18, 2005 at 6:19:23 pm

Hello,

I am looking to record a telephone interview, which will be between a half hour and an hour long. I would like to record it straight to my Mac's hard drive. It will be professionally edited and used as a podcast. It will be a one-time thing so I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Can anyone suggest hardware and/or software to purchase, or in the case of hardware - just rent? Thanks in advance,

-N

Return to posts index

JRF
Re: Recording telephone conversation hardware/software
by
on Nov 18, 2005 at 11:18:04 pm

You are probably better off finding an audio studio in your area and using an hour of time to record your interview. Unless you're in a big city, you can probably find rates of $50 to $100 per hour. That way you'll get a professional recording and have it in whatever format you need: aiff, wav, DAT, etc.

Check out http://www.1212.com and Mandy at http://www.mandy.com/1/filmtvservices.cfm. There are other lists. Try googling audio studios, recording studios, etc.

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.3.8 QT6.5.2

Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800

FCP4.5 DVDSP 3.0.2

Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG12.BIN

ATTO UL4D driver 3.20

AJA IO driver 1.3.1 firmware v21-26

SonicStudio HD DAW, Yamaha DM1000, Genelec Monitors

Return to posts index

Stephen Muir
Re: Recording telephone conversation hardware/software
on Nov 19, 2005 at 6:07:17 am

Belkin makes a telephone interface that plugs into a telephone handset and terminates in an unballanced 1/8" plug. I've used it on a couple of occasions, and have been quite happy with the results. Best of all, you can buy one at the local Business Depot for around $15. Note that this will record both ends of the conversation, which could be a problem if you want the interviewer to have a nice clean studio sound. A bit of judicious editing can resolve that issue, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]