FORUMS: list search recent posts

sound generator

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin
sound generator
on Oct 12, 2005 at 5:46:41 pm

Anyone know where I can find a program like "Vector media software, Atmosphere Deluxe." It's a nature sound generator.
What I need is a sound generator that I can make fx explosion, sounds. Any ideas...?

Thanks
Martin

Return to posts index

Stephen Muir
Re: sound generator
on Oct 12, 2005 at 6:45:12 pm

I'm not familiar with the software you mentioned, but if you're looking for a way to synthesize new sound design elements, take a look at MetaSynth (mac-only, but the OSX version now supports 24-bit files). It's a handy program, once you get used to the interface.

However, I haven't had much luck using synthesis to generate complex real-world effects such as explosions. What other types of effects do you want to generate through software?

Return to posts index

Martin
on Oct 13, 2005 at 7:51:11 pm

Thanks for that Stephen. I don't use mac so Metasynth is a no no. What I want to create is a nuclear explosion....If there is no way of generating this with some magical software maybe I need to look to purchase a sound, but I need to purchase out right the royalties....Any idea where to buy...

Return to posts index

Matte
on Oct 13, 2005 at 11:58:35 pm

Go here:

sounddogs.com

Enter "Atomic Bomb" in the Search window.

Free to sample before you buy.

Return to posts index

Stephen Muir
on Oct 14, 2005 at 8:56:57 am

Nuclear Explosions, eh? Your best bet is to start with a handful of stock explosions and mix them to fit your purposes. I agree with Matte that SoundDogs.com is probably your best starting point.

If you're looking to build it from original elements, you should consult a pyrotechnician before blowing anything up. Of course, one old trick is to use the sound of a steady blast of air-in-a-can indirectly hitting a mic for the sound of a rocket takeoff. You could probably sculpt that into a convincing atomic blast. Just don't aim the air stream directly at the diaphram; scatter it off of the palm of your hand and leave the windscreen on your mic, being careful not to damage the delicate mic components.

I've found that for explosions, sometimes the debris sounds will sell the effect more that the kaboom itself.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]