FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools Preference

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Greening
Pro Tools Preference
on Aug 30, 2005 at 5:05:52 pm

Hi all,

I must be missing a preference somewhere, because when I use the bounce to disc command my version of Pro Tools will play back the entire file before it actually does the convert and bounce. Since a lot of my Pro Tools work involves sweetening long chunks of audio for video editing this real time play through wastes a considerable length of time. Is there a preference I'm not seeing within Pro Tools that will bypass this play though and just do the bounce? Any feedback will be much appreciated.

I'm running Pro Tools v.5 on a Mac G4.

- Don

Return to posts index

Digihead
Re: Pro Tools Preference
on Aug 30, 2005 at 5:28:41 pm

Sadly, Protools does not support faster-than-realtime bouncing. Inspite of years of requests, and many competitors having this capability. I wouldn't use Protools to sweeten chunks of audio (which assume you plan to import back into NLE). Try another application for that. Otherwise, in protools process your audio with audiosuite(actually crunching the file-not via plug-in) and then export the resulting files with the 'export files as' command. Cumbersome, but at least it is not realtime so with long files its much faster.

Protools strength is to edit, sweeten and mix your entire soundtrack, which will then require only one RT Bounce at the end.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Pro Tools Preference
on Aug 30, 2005 at 9:06:13 pm

Okay thanks for the heads-up, Digi. Since I don't have another program for this type of work at the moment, I'll continue to muddle through with Protools. But at least now I know I wasn't just blind and missing a preference somewhere. Thanks again.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]