FORUMS: list search recent posts

dragging up alternate tracks in pro-tools

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beans0
dragging up alternate tracks in pro-tools
on Aug 27, 2005 at 12:41:06 am

I'm currently working as a sound editor for a feature film, i'm working in Pro-tools TDM, my picture cutter is working in FCP 6 and as you can guess we're having a bit of a workflow issue. When he cut the film he didn't include the full range of tracks in the cut consequently i'm left with the responsibility of rummaging through some 5,000 quicktime files and syncing them up manually in order to get the mic tracks that i need. Is there any faster way to do this than going back into FC and matching time codes manually and re-exporting them? Is there any feature or plug in available for Pro-tools which would allow me to import audio tracks and match waveforms to my guide track? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: dragging up alternate tracks in pro-tools
on Aug 27, 2005 at 2:24:00 pm

Have the video editor export his session from FCP 5 in OMF file format.
Then import the OMF file into ProTools, and everything will be lined up perfectly.

Return to posts index

beans0
Re: dragging up alternate tracks in pro-tools
on Aug 27, 2005 at 7:54:04 pm

I got that, the problem is that the editor did not include all of the mic tracks in the picture cut, so i need a way to quickly isolate those tracks from the thousands of production tracks which we have and conform them to the current cut. I've been looking at a program called Titan by Synchroarts which has a utility called "Flash conform" but I've yet to get it working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]