FORUMS: list search recent posts

digidesing 001 and Sony software

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alfredo
digidesing 001 and Sony software
on Aug 24, 2005 at 1:58:34 am

Hi:

does anyone knows if there is a multitrack option from sony, maybe vegas, i have protools 5.3 and a digidesing 001 that have great preamps with high quality, but dont like protools very much, is there any way i can record mix and edit, or maybe just mix and edit in a Sony enviroment?

Thanks a lot.

Alfredo Ornelas

Return to posts index

Seth Bloombaum
Re: digidesing 001 and Sony software
on Aug 25, 2005 at 4:06:34 pm

Vegas is a great multitrack environment. It had been Direct-X for plugins until recently - my understanding is that with V6 you can now pull in VST plugs as well (I didn't do the upgrade).

It is not a "standard" editing environment in that it doesn't conform to the interface standards of Avid, Premiere, etc. But PC power-users will make sense of it right away. Those used to other environments seem to take a little longer.

It is no longer available as audio-only, you buy the video NLE and it has the full audio capability as well as cutting video.

Vegas is PC-only. I've used it since V1 (when it was audio only) as it was immediately the best non-destructive multitrack editor for the PC. Now, there is a lot of company in the market but it still ranks very highly. My understanding is that if you do a lot of midi sync there are more music-friendly programs out there (I hear a lot about Sonar but don't use it myself.)

There is an incredible online community supporting Vegas, including a great forum here on the Cow, as well as an audio-only vegas forum at Sony.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Aug 30, 2005 at 12:55:55 pm

No. You can't use a Digi 001 with Sony software.

I have a Digi 001. Although for its price the 001 is very good, I replaced the preamps and A/S conversion with outboaard gear and got much better sounding audio. It is no longer supported by Digidesign. The Digi 002 is the replacement and it is a very worthy improvemment.

Why do you not like Pro Tools? I run both the 001 and 002 and find them very powerful. I make a living with them every day.

Regards,

TyFord

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

alfredo
on Aug 31, 2005 at 12:00:11 am

Hi Tyford:

Well, as i told before, i have protools 5.3, and seems a bit dificult (maybe just need better training), i would like to use a newer protools, do you know which version is the newest one i can use with Digi 001?

i know digi 001 its not supporit anymore, but its worth the try.

Alfredo Ornelas.

Return to posts index

Seth Bloombaum
on Aug 31, 2005 at 5:00:41 pm

See this thread. If you can expose ASIO or WDM drivers on the 001 (or get the MS sound mapper to see it) it should work with Vegas. Apparently, the poster has no problem doing so with the 002.

Disclaimer - I've not used either, Ty may be right as regards the 001.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]