FORUMS: list search recent posts

ISDN Line

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
ISDN Line
by
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:12:37 pm

I have a large corporate client who would like to be able to record Voice Overs between the US and other international offices. They'd like to be able to coach foreign talent, and record the voices for video projects they are working on. They ultimately edit on FCP or Avid express.

What do they need to do to have this capability? Audio mixer? Telephone Interface? anything else. I imagine the phone company will install an ISDN line.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: ISDN Line
on Aug 12, 2005 at 1:55:41 am

Both parties need compatible ISDN codecs. Both parties need ISDN long distance and local service. Sending party needs good acoustical environment, mic, preamp (unless codec has one), usually also mic stand, headphones, and a small mixer.

I'm moving away from ISDN and doing my V/O work with iChat. We do the session that way and then I transfer full wav files instead of weenie data compressed audio. Let me know if you want to try it. You'll need a .mac account

Regards,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Aug 12, 2005 at 1:18:50 pm

I had my ISDN line disconnected a few years back.
Now I just use a simple phone patch for direction, and record the session in ProTools.
Then I email the VO to the client in the format of their choosing, wave / aiff / mp3.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Aug 12, 2005 at 3:05:38 pm

Do a Google for a codec called audio tx. Its a software ISDN solution and only cost about

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]