FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cell phone/ Speaker interference

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Farris
Cell phone/ Speaker interference
on Jun 24, 2005 at 3:37:25 pm

I have a set of Event monitors and when ever a cell phone rings within 5 feet of them they buzz and make rather annoying noises. Is there any way to shield them from the interference? Do I need to buy better speakers? I'm hoping someone out there has some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Joseph Farris
Director of Photography
Visions of Light, Inc.
Office: 312-829-8244
Pager: 800.808.8244
Mobile: 630.306.8244
Fax: 630.690.7678
http://www.visionsoflightinc.com
joe@visionsoflightinc.com

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
Re: Cell phone/ Speaker interference
on Jun 24, 2005 at 5:41:12 pm

Hi Joseph,
Have you tried changing the cables running to the speakers? You may have a broken shield on one of them. Is it just in the speakers, or is it coming from somewhere else in the system. If you can hear it somewhere in the chain before the speaker cables, then look for broken shields or long runs of unbalanced cables in your system. Your speakers should be fine. Maybe if you lift the ground on the power cables, that might help. Let us know.
On the talk show I work on, if someone uses a Nextel phone near one of the wireless PL packs, you can hear it ring throughout the whole PL system. The solution? No Nextel phones in use in the building during taping. Not an elegant solution, but it costs nothing to fix.
Hope this helps,
Peter

Return to posts index

PeterGroom
Re: Cell phone/ Speaker interference
on Jun 25, 2005 at 8:30:54 am

No phones in the control room!

Lots of tv stations have alarms on the entry doors that go off if a mobile that is on enters.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]