FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I convert audio captured in 1 channel to 2 channels in the timeline with FCP HD 4.5?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Guerrero
Can I convert audio captured in 1 channel to 2 channels in the timeline with FCP HD 4.5?
on Jun 15, 2005 at 9:33:11 pm

I have several single person interiews recorded with a mono mic. I have captured the video into FCP HD. In order to get audio output from L & R speakers I have to pan the the audio track to the middle. Is this the only solution? Or should I get "Y" adapter to record the mono audio on both left and right channels.

Thanks.

Luis

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Can I convert audio captured in 1 channel to 2 channels in the timeline with FCP HD 4.5?
on Jun 16, 2005 at 1:13:09 pm

Your audio is a mono source, so when you capture select video + channel 1.
Or since you have already captured the footage, just pan center as you did.

Return to posts index

Luis Guerrero
Re: Can I convert audio captured in 1 channel to 2 channels in the timeline with FCP HD 4.5?
on Jun 16, 2005 at 2:50:19 pm

David,

Thanks for you comment. I plan to do more single person interviews with a lavalier setup. I would like to know if the following order of operation is standard procedure for what I am doing.

Equipment: Xl1s, wired lavalier,

1. record audio on tape with wired lavalier
2. capture into FCP with settings at video + Ch 1
3. Pan captured audio to mid position between L & R

I believe that I have attempted this before with the settings at video + ch1. The result was that I ended up with no sound on ch 2. In other words, when I dropped the clip into the timeline audio tracks 1&2 were part of the clip. Track 2 introduce noise. I understand that part of my problem getting to know the program better.

Thanks to the Cow at least I can have a place to ask these basic questions.

-Luis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]