FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Recomendation on Studio Monitors

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Cross
Need Recomendation on Studio Monitors
on May 31, 2005 at 5:17:03 am

Aloha,

I am looking for some advice on what to get for a good/affordable pair of studio monitors? I am looking to spend around $300 and would like to get the best I can get for that price. They will be used in my Final Cut Pro edit suite. We also use Apple Soundtrack and will be buying Logic. We want to make sure the audio in our projects is the best we can afford to make it. The speakers will be connected to a MOTU 896HD. I have considered the Behringer B2031A ($330/pair @ B&H) and M-Audio BX5 ($250/pair @ B&H). What do the pros recommend?

Mahalo,
Dusty

Dual 2.5Ghz G5 w/ 2.5GB ram, Decklink HD, Decklink Multibridge, MOTU 896HD
JVC DV5000, 2 Sony HDR-FX1, JVC BR-DV3000U, JVC 19" HD monitor

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
Re: Need Recomendation on Studio Monitors
on Jun 3, 2005 at 2:40:27 am

Dusty, I am far from "pro" where audio is concerned. But; in my own research I found the Tapco S5, Event TR6, and the KRK RP5 to all fit the criteria for what you were looking for. I recently bought the KRK's and am really pleased with them.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

lightning ad
Re: Need Recomendation on Studio Monitors
on Jul 27, 2005 at 1:53:40 pm

Tapco S5 - very good sound for the money. I have a pair in my home studio and find them revealing and truthful...as they should be! If you found the extra money I would certainly recommend PMC DB1SA monitors as they are the best nearfields I have heard. I have some in my work studio and love em.

"silly keeps you sane"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]