FORUMS: list search recent posts

a better sound board?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PantherEdit
a better sound board?
on May 19, 2005 at 9:26:36 pm

Need a more capable sound board- what would you recommend- what would you NOT recommend...

Currently using Mackie 1202-VLZ

Need to be able to output directly to a digital deck- a router and a DVD encoder from the one board- need minimum inputs...

Please post links if at all possible

Thanks for your opinions...

http://www.panthers.com

Return to posts index

PantherEdit
Re: a better sound board?
on May 19, 2005 at 9:28:17 pm

Need to be able to output directly to a digital deck- a router and a DVD encoder from the one board- need minimum FOURTEEN inputs...

for AVID Adrenaline system...

http://www.panthers.com

Return to posts index

Thax
by
on May 20, 2005 at 11:50:26 am

Your question says "better", but it looks as though what you really want is "BIGGER".

My recommendation is a larger Mackie (they're probably in more edit suites than any other brand).

And buy one with MORE inputs than you think you need today.

You can have UNLIMITED OUTPUTS from any board by just adding a "distribution amplifier" (DA) on any and all channels.

But you say you have a ROUTER... If its an "active" (powered) router, it has its own built-in DA.
If so, does the router NOT have enough outputs to feed ALL of your other gear?

Now, if you want an ALL DIGITAL mixer, (just Google: Mackie Digital) you are going to have to ante-UP.
But for most edit mixing jobs, you can rely on a high-quality analog mixer and feed it to the analog inputs of digital gear, our use a stand-alone A-to-D converter between the units.

Return to posts index

Mark Simpson
on May 23, 2005 at 2:11:39 pm

Digital Mixers are getting less expensive all the time.....A mixer I've had my eye on for a while and will probably get eventually is the Tascam DM24...... sixteen mic pres, 24 analog ins...upgradeable to 32 mic pres...has adat in, tdif in, s/pdif, total recall, flying faders, on board TC reverbs, compressors/limiters/eq on every channel....etc, etc. etc...two of them can be cascaded with an optional card (they literally become one mixer)...

I've seen them on ebay for under a grand.....nice mixers.

Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]