FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Mac Panther recognise an Mbox natively?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly
Does Mac Panther recognise an Mbox natively?
on May 17, 2005 at 7:17:02 pm

I have a buddy who uses an Mbox on his PC. He also has a Mac that we want to use Skype on so we can talk long distance (I don't think he wants to hook the PC up to the net!). But, he has no audio input on his Mac. Will Panther recognise the Mbox through USB in System Preferences/Sound without the ProTools LE software? If he can prove he bought the Mbox legally, will the company send him a free Mac version of the software? And yes, I know a headphone for Skype is cheap, we're just experimenting with what we have on hand.

TV is called a medium, because it is neither rare, nor well done (He..he...)

Return to posts index

Kelly
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
on May 19, 2005 at 5:05:39 pm

Echo? Echo? Can any one answer this question?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Does Mac Panther recognise an Mbox natively?
on May 20, 2005 at 12:43:23 am

Try an imic from griffith or griffin

Ty For

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

Kelly
Try an iMic
on May 20, 2005 at 1:05:44 am

Thanks for the response, but it doesn't answer the question. As I said in the original message, I know there are cheaper, more obvious alternatives, but we're trying to work with what he has in hand, which is an MBox. But thanks for at least trying to help, it's sincerely appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Does Mac Panther recognise an Mbox natively?
on May 20, 2005 at 3:12:02 am

What's wrong with the software that came with the Mbox. The MBox and PTLE aren't sold separately.

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

Kelly
What's wrong with the software?
on May 20, 2005 at 7:31:45 am

Thanks for continuing to inquire! The short answer is I don't know. I assumed that it only came with the PC version of the software, not the Mac version. The easy way to solve all this would be to just get him to plug it into the Mac and try it! I'm sorry, I thought this would just be an easy yes/no answer, not the 3 day deal it's become. It's not that important! Thanks again for trying, but I think we'll just let it drop for now, and not keep bothering fine folks like yourself. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: What's wrong with the software?
on May 20, 2005 at 1:53:48 pm

MBox ships with both Mac and PC software included.
If you load the core audio software on the Mac, the MBox should be seen as an input/output device under Audio Midi setup.

Return to posts index

Kelly
Re: What's wrong with the software?
on May 20, 2005 at 3:56:53 pm

Thanks, I'll tell him.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]