FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have problems with the Azden 100UPR-10BT mic?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cdolan369
Anyone have problems with the Azden 100UPR-10BT mic?
on May 17, 2005 at 12:06:46 pm

I bought one last August and used it for a September wedding. It worked great, and then it sat all winter unused. I attempted to use it this past weekend and found the audio was so low it was not registering on the camera's audio level meter. I replaced the batteries, no change. I checked the camera to make sure the audio levels were set correctly and verified it wasn't the connection by checking sound with my shotgun mic. I also plugged headphones into the receiver and confirmed the audio was very low. I could only hear audio when the mic was held less than 8 inches from the speaker's mouth. It should pick up audio from 2 to 3 feet away, as it did when I used it last September.

I have sent it back to Azden for diagnosis, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced problems with this unit. If it is known for having issues, I'll consider replacing it with another brand.

Advice & experiences are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Return to posts index

Tom
Re: Anyone have problems with the Azden 100UPR-10BT mic?
by
on May 18, 2005 at 11:23:13 am

you answered your own question with the best answer = I'll consider replacing it with another brand.

Return to posts index

cdolan369
Re: Anyone have problems with the Azden 100UPR-10BT mic?
on May 18, 2005 at 4:23:15 pm

Are you saying it is known for having problems? I'm only going to buy something else if it has a history of issues.

Return to posts index

cdolan369
User Error! Azden Mic is fine, mini-cable reversed...Silly me.
on May 23, 2005 at 1:52:41 pm

Well, as it turns out, the mini-cable on this unit is a stereo-to-mono cable. If the jacks are reversed, the sound is barely audible according to the Azden technician. I'm sure this is what happened, so apparently there's nothing wrong with the transmitter or receiver. This was entirely user error. In my own defense, I'll say that I had no idea the cable's jacks couldn't be reversed. I assumed it was irrelevent which way the jacks were plugged in.

Oh well. Problem solved...but I thought I'd point this out for anyone else who might make the same mistake.

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]