Language Option

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack
Language Option
by
on May 14, 2005 at 4:06:06 am

Dear All,

How do I edit my movie to provide viewers the option to choose language? I wanted to edit the movie with background music, and putting in the original sound as an option as well. Most of the DVD we had, we can usually choose the language (audio) we wanted. Any suggestion?

Thanks

From
Jack

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: Language Option
by
on May 14, 2005 at 12:04:27 pm

[Jack] " I wanted to edit the movie with background music, and putting in the original sound as an option as well."

I asssume you mean SPOKEN LANGUAGE and not Captioned Language.

If you want a second (or more) SPOKEN language choice, you'd need to have all of the dialogue translated and re-recorded ("dubbed") to closely match the original timing (especially if there is supposed to be "lip-sync").

Then. as you say, you'd add all of the music (and sound effects) to the new voices and make that another "track" of your film.
You would do this to a copy of your edited timeline so you'd have 2 (or more) complete films, each with its own full soundtrack in a given language.

The "DVD mastering" is the stage where you would add the "menu choices" as to which way the disk would play (which audio track).
Any professional DVD mastering house can do this for you from your multiple timeline outputs...
Or, you would need buy professional-level DVD burning software to add that choice at YOUR level.

Alternately, a good way to do this easily for just making a few individual DVD copies, is to burn an ENTIRE DVD with only one language and ANOTHER DVD with only the other language.
You wouldn't have a "choice" on EACH DISC, but you would be able to choose which disk to play.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]