FORUMS: list search recent posts

need to load Audio into a phone system

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trinity Greer
need to load Audio into a phone system
on May 4, 2005 at 10:22:00 pm

Ok , I need to take foru 15 second audio clip and transfer them into a phone system. The client says that the only input is a phone jack. Is there a converter that will go from a standard audio output to a phone jack? if not, could I take a audio cable cut and splice it in to a phone cable?
Thanks
Trinity

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: need to load Audio into a phone system
on May 5, 2005 at 12:13:36 pm

Give much more info about what this will be used for.

Will it STAY CONNECTED all the time, or will someone just need to plug it in WHILE it is played and then UNPLUG it as soon as the audio playback is finished?

What is the USE of this... info-on-hold? transfer of a news story?

Return to posts index

Trinity Greer
on May 5, 2005 at 2:21:14 pm

This most likely a one time thing I will be dump the audio into the phone system. They are for information while on hold. He wants something more professional than playing off a CD player into the phone receiver.

Return to posts index

Matte
on May 5, 2005 at 3:58:37 pm

You need to amplify the audio up to "speaker-level" before you can send it to the phone line.

So, first connect the audio source to a small amplifier and send the amplifier's speaker output into the phone jack.

OR just put the audio on an audio cassette tape (or MD, etc.) and play that on a portable tape player (or MD deck, etc.) that has a headphone (or external speaker) output jack. Send the headphone output into the phone jack.

You would connect your output cable's two wires: one to the RED wire, and one to the GREEN wire of the phone jack.

NOTE: When you connect to the phone line this way the phone system will "see" a "phone-off-hook" condition, so you can't "leave" it connected except during the time you are playing the audio.

To "Check" it:
1. Pick up a phone that is connected to the same line as the jack you are going to "feed".
2. Push any dial button on that phone (except "0") to clear the dial tone.
3. Connect the audio output to the phone jack, play the audio, and adjust the volume level.
4. Unplug the audio connection from the phone jack.

To "Record" it:
1. Get the phone system ready to record.
2. Connect the audio output to the phone jack, play the audio, and record it to the phone system.
3. Stop the phone system recording.
4. Unplug the audio connection from the phone jack.
5. Check the playback from the phone system.

Return to posts index

Trinity Greer
on May 5, 2005 at 6:32:43 pm

Thank you. I will do this and post the results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]