FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Collaboration - any new methods to try?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Wilson
Remote Collaboration - any new methods to try?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 12:54:05 am

Trying to find the right forum for this. Since I'm using Premiere, thought I'd give this a try. I am working with a director out in LA now on a documentary and for reasons I won't go into I'm going to have to return to the east coast next year but he wants to continue working together. We use Frame IO already and thats great much of the time. But what he's really hesitant about is all the great story progress we make when we're in the room together. Figuring out big picture structuring and talking through vo needed and such. Using a white board and cards on the wall. Watching through scenes here and there and trying out a few things in the edit, though most of my editing is done when he's not in the room.
So are there any great advances in remote collaboration these days to help facilitate the way we work together? The only thought I had was maybe having a real time virtual white board on our iPads and skyping with screen share on a computer at the same time? Seems a little complicated but possible. Any other easier ways I'm missing?
Thanks!
Amy

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Remote Collaboration - any new methods to try?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 1:16:53 am

I'm currently in the middle of creating a tv show with a producer and she and I are working very well together remotely through skype. You're already aware of the screen sharing function and when coupled with using headphones with a good microphone the dialogue we're able to have while creating the rough cut each day is pretty much the same as if we were in the same room together.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]