FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't create proxies from FS7 footage in premiere (getting error)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allard DePallerd
Can't create proxies from FS7 footage in premiere (getting error)
on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:32:06 am
Last Edited By Allard DePallerd on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:45:17 am

Hi guys, i have a bunch of FS7 4K footage. I want to create proxies of them in Premiere Pro (latest) on my Windows 10 pc.

I know FS7 has 8 channel audio, which is the reason i can't use H264 as a proxy setting. But when i choose cineform..it starts rendering but it will sometimes give me a error message before it ends. Most of the files render fine..but some give me an error before finishing the file. I have tried rendering with CUDA on and off...Not really a difference...So most files render fine..but some give me this error

================================================================
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Import Error

Importer returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime
Writing to file: R:\LOPENDE PROJECTEN\CONCEPT GOD - Dutch Masters of Light\PROXIES\896_0960_Proxy.mov
Around timecode: 07:36:07:29
Reading with importer: ImporterMXF
Reading from file: R:\LOPENDE PROJECTEN\CONCEPT GOD - Dutch Masters of Light\VIDEO\LIANDER\896_0960.MXF
Reading file type: MXFF
Rendering at offset: 32.280 seconds
Component: ImporterMXF of type Importer
Selector: 25
Error code: -4
======================================================================

So im not sure what im doing wrong...
Please note that I dont even need any of the audio channels.. Cause i will only be needing the video that i shot...

please advise.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Can't create proxies from FS7 footage in premiere (getting error)
on Oct 5, 2017 at 5:50:10 pm

that's the annoying part of proxies. I no longer use proxies but I think my solution to this issue was to create a custom ingest preset. It's a bit cumbersome but it can be done. You need to actually make the ingest preset in media encoder (with 8 channels of audio to match your files), save it somewhere accessible and then when you are attempting to make your proxies you select the button "Add ingest preset".

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Allard DePallerd
on Oct 7, 2017 at 10:38:40 am

Hi Greg,

Thank you for you reply.
I am more than willing to do that, but Im not entirely sure what custom proxy setting I should use.
I think DNxHD or something would work best.. But im not sure which one I should choose.

I wanted to try DNxHD 36....but i can't find that in the dropdown list.. So any alternatives?

thank you in advance..

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 8, 2017 at 6:15:44 am

the preset DNX LB 1080p 23.976 which is located inside the DNxHD MXF OP1a preset folder is a good starting point. You'll need to control click on it and create a new encoding preset with your 8 channels of audio selected , give it a name and save it. Then create a new ingest preset and under the transcode option you will then select your newly created encoding preset.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]