FORUMS: list search recent posts

Major corrupton issue, project files won't play back or close.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elaine Shue
Major corrupton issue, project files won't play back or close.
on Oct 4, 2017 at 2:54:05 am

I am tearing my hair out big time--if anyone has any ideas on this I would really appreciate hearing them.

Starting this afternoon, Premiere Pro 2017.1 (on a Windows 10 HP ZBook workstation) started doing this: 1. I open my project file, it seems fine and playback works. 2. I edit for a minute or two, just basic stuff like disabling unneeded audio tracks and adding transitions. 3. Suddenly, playback stop working (nothing happens at all when I press play, except the button changes from a triangle to a square) and there is no audio when I scrub through. 4. I try to close Premiere, and the program won't close. The project file appears to still be open, although all workspace windows disappear. The interface background is still open, and I can still see all the menus. 5. I force Premiere to close with Task Manager 6. I can re-open the project file, but it is still corrupt (no playback, no exit).

Things I have tried: 1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro 2. Opened various autosave versions of the project file--the same behavior occurs with the last 4. 3. Opened and edited other project files for other unrelated projects, successfully. So far I have not seen this behavior with any other projects. 4. Reset my Premiere preferences 5. Cleaned the media cache from within Premiere 6. Completely deleted the media cache in Windows (that was dumb--it didn't help and now there are 35k+ peak files to be generated) 7. Disconnected all video and most audio files and offlined them in the project--still no playback and won't close.

I have no idea what else to try. If it comes down to it, I can roll back to a much older autosave from days ago, but for obvious reasons (including deadlines and the fact that I have lost 6 hours on this problem) I would really, really, really prefer not to. Any ideas? At all? Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeff Coleman
Re: Major corrupton issue, project files won't play back or close.
on Oct 5, 2017 at 9:43:26 am

I'm not a Windows user.
Perhaps this article would be helpful:
http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/premiere/pro/troubleshooter/corrupt-proje...

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Major corrupton issue, project files won't play back or close.
on Oct 5, 2017 at 2:21:23 pm

Try importing your project into a new project.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]