FORUMS: list search recent posts

PP not recognizing video, only see audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jade Jauquet
PP not recognizing video, only see audio
on Oct 3, 2017 at 7:08:20 pm

Hello.

This morning I opened a project that I have been working on for years. It was the first time opening it on a new PC so I was greeted with the expected "link media" page. All of the files linked except for 3 (from different dates, all same camera source)

When I find them within the "locate" page it tells me that the source doesn't not match what is recorded in PP. It says that the file (audio) doesn't match the (video/audio) that PP is expecting for that clip.

I located the file with in the explorer and it plays through Windows Media player fine (there is no audio on the original).

Unfortunately I don't know what the camera's codec is beside making the file a .MOV. The camera was a CUBE (?) basically a go-pro knock off.

I though I could maybe just import it in a-new and replace it in the sequence, but when I imported it, it came in as an audio file only (again the original has no audio).

I thought maybe if I transcode it into a MP4 or something else that would work. So I put it into Encoder, when I went to set up the export I saw that under the source info it said the file did NOT have any video source. Yet I can watch in in Win Media player...

It seems to have only happened with three of the files... yet i know I have more than only three clips from this camera source.

Any suggestions is welcome. I idealy want to link them to my edit as is (I've already colored and sound mix'ed it).

Cheers
-jade

working on a strong PC w/win10
in premiere pro cc 2017 (fully updated)

Return to posts index

Elaine Shue
Re: PP not recognizing video, only see audio
on Oct 4, 2017 at 3:08:58 am

As I recall, this is usually a Quicktime issue. Download and install the latest version of Quicktime. I think this is it: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=en_US

Return to posts index

Jade Jauquet
on Oct 4, 2017 at 7:56:34 pm

Thanks for the response.
Its weird that it wouldn't be happening on more .MOV files.

Any suggestion if I'm not wanting QT on the computer. As its no longer supported?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Elaine Shue
on Oct 7, 2017 at 2:31:39 am

You could try installing quicktime, transcoding the file to another format, then uninstalling quicktime. I don't think you'll be able to transcode it without the codec installed, but there might be a way if you do some searching. I had lots of frustrations dealing with the same issue. At least in some previous versions, Premiere would try to load QT even if it wasn't installed, leading to super long load times if it didn't find it. If it's any consolation to you, I have it installed and have never had a problem with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]