FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxy Sequence Settings (Frame Size) Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Smith
Proxy Sequence Settings (Frame Size) Premiere?
on Oct 2, 2017 at 8:14:43 pm

I understand the proxy workflow, but I have not seen a definitive answer on this:

Should my sequence settings (frame size) match my proxy or online media?

I understand that I would "set to frame size" the one that does not match.

I have seen people saying to make the sequence settings to be what your final export is - unfortunately, I am AEing a project and they do not yet know what their final export is going to be. Also, would the export be uprezzed if the sequence was proxy settings, and export was the online frame size?

Return to posts index

Erin Smith
Re: Proxy Sequence Settings (Frame Size) Premiere?
on Oct 2, 2017 at 8:31:03 pm

These threads advise sequence settings should match original online media, so I am using that method for now. However, I have not found anything from Adobe advising one way or the other.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/992096#992096
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/997465#998102

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 2, 2017 at 8:50:24 pm

Standard workflow is dictated by what your final delivery specs are. Is it not possible for the AE folks to at least give you a guesstimate of the delivery specs?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Jeff Coleman
on Oct 3, 2017 at 11:29:00 am

Neither.

Your sequence settings should be the size of your final master movie. If you don't know it, make an informed estimate.
(FWIW: Last proxy workflow project I had 4K source, but was finishing in 1080, so I made my proxies 1080 ProResLT and my sequence 1080, but that might have been overkill on the proxies as far as size.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]