FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting GH5 10bit for use in PremierePro ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas Schwarz
Converting GH5 10bit for use in PremierePro ?
on Oct 2, 2017 at 4:59:01 pm

Hi;
I'm having issues with editing GH5 clips ( 3840x2160, 30fps, 10bit, LongGOP, MP4 ) in PremierePro ( CC 2017 latest version ) due to huge perfomance problems even at 1/16 of the resolution. There's no playback possible at all, no scrubbing either. My pc is able to handle 8bit files 4k very easyly, so it's just a problem of the 10bit thing. I can't view the videos with any of the media players in Windows so I hav to rely on PremierePro's abilty to read and play these files.

My thought was to convert the files before editing in Premiere, but I honestly don't know which settings and what codec i should use to keep the resultion and the abilty to colorgrade the files afterwards. If the 10bit video equals an 8bit video after converting, it's useless to record it in 10bit in the first place.

I would really apreciate any help i can get !
Thanks

(This is my first post, I'm sorry if i did something completly wrong )

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Converting GH5 10bit for use in PremierePro ?
on Oct 2, 2017 at 6:05:05 pm

Hi Nicolas

You can convert to DNxHR - or maybe try set your GH5 Luminance level to (64-940) and see if this is better in Premiere !

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Nicolas Schwarz
Re: Converting GH5 10bit for use in PremierePro ?
on Oct 3, 2017 at 5:27:58 pm

Hi Ole

Thank you so much for your response ! Converting to DNxHR solved to problem, everything works super fluent even with full-resolution playback. I've also tried to set the Luminance level to (64-940), but that turned out to be the exact same problem as before, so converting is definitly the best way.

Best regards,
Nicolas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]