FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing a .mov clip through a projector

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ireland
Playing a .mov clip through a projector
on Sep 28, 2017 at 6:33:20 pm

I have a 60min film that I edited in Premiere pro and want to show at a movie theater via an HDMI cable through my macbook. I did a test run at the theater and during any motion shots, the image seemed to lag and stutter a bit (it plays fine on my macbook screen) In previous screenings, when playing the file, I did not see this, but those were with more run-of-the mill projectors in libraries. This was a professional $40K projector.

This was shot with a Canon 60d DSLR, full HD, imported directly into Premiere pro, output as an Apple ProRes 422(normal, not HD, LT or proxy). I was playing the finished file off a 7200rpm G-Tech external USB3 drive. Maybe better playing it directly through the computer and not the hard drive?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Playing a .mov clip through a projector
on Sep 28, 2017 at 7:52:45 pm

I think ideally you are supposed to render your movie out as a DCP package and let the theater's playback system handle it. You may not have the thruput to make this work, coming out the mac thru a cable.

Return to posts index

Mark Ireland
on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:07:05 pm

Yes, I did try it as a DCP file and there was the same problem. Somebody at the theater asked if I had tried outputting at 60fps instead of the native 30fps. I hadn't heard this before.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Sep 28, 2017 at 9:27:23 pm

Many Theatres will also accept BluRays.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]