FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can multiple merged clips use the same audio file?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tempe Hale
Can multiple merged clips use the same audio file?
on Sep 27, 2017 at 10:52:14 pm

Hello!
I am working in Premiere Pro CC 2017 11.1.1
Assisting on a feature length Documentary. The editor has created the edit using merged clips. There are a few examples where clips are not merged, and the original camera audio is in the sequence. I need to replace this with the good audio. So, I want to create a new merged clip, to be able to match cut the new audio into the edit. I have been doing this process by creating a new sequence from the clip (.mov) and dropping in it's corresponding .WAV, syncing them together based on "audio" waveforms, and then merging them. This has been successful and allowed me to match cut the new audio into the sequence. However, now I am unable to do so with this particular audio file. It doesn't sync with it's corresponding clip. I even listened through it, to make sure the audio does indeed match the clips camera audio. I can see that on the shoot, the camera card ran out, but the sound recorder kept going. So the clip I'm trying to sync, has an audio file that appears to be shared with a few other clips that are already merged. Is this the problem? Can I not use the same audio file in multiple merged clips?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]