FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freezing & Beachball after update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel James
Freezing & Beachball after update
on Sep 27, 2017 at 3:49:22 pm

I am currently on the latest September version/update of Premiere PRO CC 2017.

ISSUE
Just recently I started experiencing freezing and crashes while changing tabs, Trimming and stretching text, altering the lumetri panel and re sizing transitions. Here and there in the past I had experience a brief loading during these actions, but premiere would catch up and I could resume work. Now It perminently freezes during these actions and I have to re start the program. (issues persist shortly after re start)

COMPLETED TROUBLESHOOTING
I have cleaned the media cashe, Ran GPUsnifer before launch, re started the program and system multiple times, updated windows and my video card drivers to no effect.

CRASH REPORT
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Application Version: 11.1.2.22
Application Timestamp: 592e1ca1
Hang Signature: b589
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: b589eda842f30883c57cfa7380416144
Additional Hang Signature 2: c078
Additional Hang Signature 3: c0787886edb1559b3f8bca06ef9ba4e6
Additional Hang Signature 4: b589
Additional Hang Signature 5: b589eda842f30883c57cfa7380416144
Additional Hang Signature 6: c078
Additional Hang Signature 7: c0787886edb1559b3f8bca06ef9ba4e6

What Im trying to determine is if this is a hardware issue or software issue. I am on Windows 7 Home premium. PC and its specs are bit old, But I have never had this issue, even on heavier projects/sequences.

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
Re: Freezing & Beachball after update
on Sep 27, 2017 at 7:53:15 pm

This might be a graphics card issue. Check that, or update graphics card utility? Every update, Adobe lists the updates their 'supported' graphics card lists. Also ensure GPU-acceleration is turned off, and see how it functions for a while. Adobe changes the system requirements often, so check those minimum requirements. I'd also re-install Premiere CC, or check and ensure all your plug-ins are up to date. Red Giant and others aren't always up to date on CC, so maybe a plug-in or filter, applied, to your footage, that plug-in may be needing to be removed, or check on plugins versions and if they're compatible, with the new updated Premiere CC. And I always wait, before updating, never mid-project. Always after or before project starts.

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah
digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

Daniel James
Re: Freezing & Beachball after update
on Sep 27, 2017 at 8:05:28 pm

Very useful insights and remarks Tom, I will run through this list and report back in a day or so. THANK YOU.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]