FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing a .mov clip through a projector

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ireland
Playing a .mov clip through a projector
on Sep 25, 2017 at 3:23:14 pm

I have a 60min film that I edited in Premiere pro and want to show at a movie theater via an HDMI cable through my macbook. I did a test run at the theater and during any motion shots, the image seemed to lag and stutter a bit (it looks fine on my macbook screen) In previous screenings, when playing the file, I did not see this, but those were with more run-of-the mill projectors in libraries. This was a professional $40K projector.

This was shot with a Canon 60d DSLR, full HD, imported directly into Premiere pro, output as an Apple ProRes 422(normal, not HD, LT or proxy). I was playing the finished file off a 7200rpm G-Tech external USB3 drive.

My computer specs:

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Playing a .mov clip through a projector
on Sep 25, 2017 at 5:45:57 pm

Hi Mark

I was thinking maybe is a Hz problem ?

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Sep 28, 2017 at 8:30:31 pm

Up

Return to posts index

Mark Ireland
on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:30:22 pm

I'm not 100% following. Are you talking about an issue with my computer's own display? Because the file does play fine on my own screen, it's just when I try to play the file from my computer that the problem is introduced on the projector. Also, today I had the same issue playing it from my laptop to a big HD screen (through HDMI). Also, I've exported directly to a DCP file which was uploaded at a movie theater and still the same problem. So, it seems to be in an export or playback issue.....

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Oct 2, 2017 at 7:55:43 pm

Hi

I'm talking about your macbook hdmi output settings - ReFresh Rate !

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]