FORUMS: list search recent posts

Waveforms not matching audio - redraw?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J Casey
Waveforms not matching audio - redraw?
on Sep 24, 2017 at 6:30:13 pm

Using 11.1.2 build 22. I have interview footage about 45 minutes long. First edit I chopped it down to 30 minutes. Now going through for further editing and about 10 minutes into it the waveforms don't match what I'm hearing, which makes it difficult to isolate pieces of the interview. I tried Clips>Generate Audio Waveform, hoping it would redraw and match the actual audio, but this does not work. Am I missing a step? Can I tell Premiere to delete the waveforms and redraw everything?

thanks

Return to posts index

Caleb Owen
Re: Waveforms not matching audio - redraw?
on May 1, 2018 at 2:40:54 am

Hey Steven, hope you figured out a solution. Just had the same thing pop up and could only find your post here as the only other person who this has happened to. I ended up just figuring out where the waveform desync occurs, exporting the audio from the original clip (thankfully just had to do the one), and then replacing the original audio with the newly exported audio. The newly exported WAV file has the correct waveform to it all the way through. It's not pretty by any means, but it's gonna keep me from slamming my head against the wall.

A few extra notes, I'm using the latest version of Premiere (12.0.1) on a PC, working with GH5s 10bit 4:2:2 L-GOP footage.

Return to posts index

salvatore de blasio
on May 19, 2018 at 12:36:24 pm

You're not alone. I've never had this issue before, but it's now showing up on a project I just created.
I've tried to delete media cache, but it didn't work. I've found nothing else on this subject. Hope you found a solution... this is very annoying

Return to posts index

TJ Ingrassia
on May 30, 2018 at 3:01:17 pm

Same issue here. I'm on Premiere version 12.1.1 (Build 10).

Short clips behave normally. It's only on this longer project that I'm having the issue (2 video files recorded at a conference, each file around 8 hours long).

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlin
on Jul 24, 2018 at 3:52:49 pm

I was having the same issues with shorter clips (2-3 minutes in length), but found a solution.

You have to delete the .pek files associated with your clips from your media cache. To figure out where your media cache is located, you have to go to the Premiere Pro CC Menu // Media Cache and then find the location of your Media Cache Database (not the Media Cache Files...although mine were the same). Navigate to that folder in the Finder (if you're looking for the Library folder in the Finder, just head to the Go menu, hold down option and it will appear. Just click on it), and then inside the folder indicated in Premiere, go to the "Peak Files" folder. In there, you should be able to find the .pek files you need to delete. Just find them and delete them.

Go back to Premiere and close/quit the program. Once it's finished shutting down the program, open your project again and Premiere will automatically re-cache and re-create the waveforms. Voila! Magic!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm doing this on a Mac, but it should be the same process on a PC. This worked for me - hope it works for you, too!

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Jul 26, 2018 at 3:38:59 am

Another reason for this problem, potentially, is if you have latency inducing plugins on your audio. Linear EQs are known for their latency, as one example. Some limiters with a "lookahead" value also induce latency.

Return to posts index

John Watts
on Jul 26, 2018 at 5:26:11 am

I may take a look at this option, Nels.

Just downloaded PP and starting using it a few days ago for the first time in 15 or so years. I have 9 video tracks with audio that I need to match up to a master audio file. (Multicam talk show) Due to the crappy codecs of the canon cameras used, an hour long shows generates about 8 x 2 gig limit files. These files will offer nice gaps of 1 to 5 frames on each camera x 9 cameras total. So synching is a challenge already, however, the waveforms seem to be off by 3-5 frames themselves, leaving me to sync by video...which is just wonderful!
I'm not sure if the low end cameras are responsible for the slippage or if its happening on the timeline. Since this is a brand new Premiere, it is hard to image that i need to purge any cache's at this point.

Anyway, back to my syncing...

John Watts

Return to posts index

Vance Tschritter
on Aug 4, 2018 at 5:02:53 pm

This was driving me a bit crazy. Had major audio waveform issues in several projects both big and small. After many attempts and searching online, finally found this article

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Basically, go to preferences in Premiere Pro CC. Make sure you are pointed to the following locations. If it asks you to move or delete the database, choose "delete".

Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common
Windows: \Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

(My system for some reason had decided to point to folders inside the Lightroom preference structure.)
Then quit Premiere Pro CC.

Moved the .pek files to the trash from the improper locations. Restarted Premiere Pro CC, the audio waveforms redrew properly.

HTH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]