FORUMS: list search recent posts

Organization/sync/multicam problem. This one is kind of a lot...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danny mason
Organization/sync/multicam problem. This one is kind of a lot...
on Sep 24, 2017 at 1:39:39 am

Ok, so I shot a live musical performance a couple of days ago and now it's time to edit and things aren't going as planned. I have footage from a dslr that was running magic lantern so there are no gaps between clips: a 4k master shot from a sony pxw-x70 video camera : footage from a second shooter on a dslr where there appears to be some space between clips where the camera timed out and he pressed record again. Then I have audio from two different dars that were receiving multiple feeds. What i would like, is to have the three cameras synced to a mixed audiotrack mixed from all the sources in a multiam sequence. I am having issues with the second dslr camera syncing, and i feel like the roundabout, time consuming way i am going about it has to be a shitty way. Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Organization/sync/multicam problem. This one is kind of a lot...
on Sep 24, 2017 at 2:50:48 pm

[danny mason] " I have footage from a dslr that was running magic lantern so there are no gaps between clips: a 4k master shot from a sony pxw-x70 video camera : footage from a second shooter on a dslr where there appears to be some space between clips where the camera timed out and he pressed record again. Then I have audio from two different dars that were receiving multiple feeds. What i would like, is to have the three cameras synced to a mixed audiotrack mixed from all the sources in a multiam sequence."

What are you using to sync your sources - I'm assuming you don't have TC on your dslr's, but do you have audio reference on all your camera's or are you using slates or what?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

danny mason
on Sep 24, 2017 at 4:29:45 pm

I have scratch audio from all the cameras and I am trying to use the built in auto sync feature in Premiere

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Sep 24, 2017 at 4:50:41 pm

[danny mason] "I have scratch audio from all the cameras and I am trying to use the built in auto sync feature in Premiere"

I would suggest you select one of your audio sources and all of your video sources and then use the "make multiclip" feature. When you get the multiclip setup dialogue chose "audio" for syncing and then "Camera 1" in the audio portion of the setup box. When your multiclip is made, right click and then choose "open in timeline."

When the multiclip timeline opens you will see the video for the DSLR (lets call it DSLR#2) that was shooting stop and go spread out over many video tracks and your audio source should be on Audio track 1. Lock Audio 1 to protect it then manually move all the DSLR video to a single track, making sure you are keeping their position in the timeline constant so you don't loose sync.Leave your master camera and DSLR 1 alone. You should now have only 3 tracks of video with clips.

Close the multiclip and you're now ready to edit.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

danny mason
on Sep 24, 2017 at 5:48:32 pm

Ok. I will give that a whirl. I saw tha the clips were all spread out across a million "cameras" and realized it wasn't going to be as easy as i thought

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]