FORUMS: list search recent posts

In and Out points in Source Audio clip effect clips on timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
In and Out points in Source Audio clip effect clips on timeline?
on Sep 19, 2017 at 7:58:20 pm

I am doing an edit where I want to use multiple sections of the same (longer) audio clip that was recorded in a booth.

When I set an IN and OUT point in the SOURCE window, I then use the DRAG AUDIO ONLY feature to move the selected take to the timeline.

However, when I go to set another point on the source window so that I can use a different take at a different point on the timeline, is changes the IN and OUT point on the clip that I have already moved into the sequence. Why is this? I have not seen this behavior before from Premiere, but it is not my editing rig (I'm working at a different studio).

The audio clip comes out with a BLUE label color on the timeline, if it makes a difference.

Does anyone know a setting like this?

Chapman

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: In and Out points in Source Audio clip effect clips on timeline?
on Sep 20, 2017 at 3:26:13 pm

Are you opening the clip by double-clicking it on the timeline? Or from the bin? That will happen if you do it from the timeline, because you would essentially be changing the current in/out on the clip on the timeline. Make sense?
If you're opening from the bin, then I'm not sure what's happening. Never had it happen that way.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]