FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing both the speed and framerate of a clip at the same time, effectively

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrick Darts
Changing both the speed and framerate of a clip at the same time, effectively
on Sep 19, 2017 at 7:50:56 am

Hello all.

I've got a thing that I've not been able to find answers on elsewhere despite a bit of searching.

I have source material in two clips which are at 29.97fps which is timelapse footage. What I would like to do is to get to the end stage where I have this footage exported to a file at double the speed it is now, encoded at 59.94fps - I figure that this would enable me to use all the frames in the source material, preserving the smoothest of motion that I can, *and* have the footage sped up by a factor of 2, as it's actually a longer sequence than I would like and so it could do with being sped up.

Seems like if I could figure out how to do this, I'd have my cake and eat it.

What I have tried is to use the Speed/Duration and set it to 200%, but one of the files refuses and always sets to 199.7%. It tried exporting this anyway, using H.264 (which is my codec of choice) but even at the start of the export, where it's definitely "in" the main clip which did allow the 200% setting, the export is torturously slow, so I don't think it's just doing a simple process as in my head it "should" be - I think it's having to do a lot more work than would be needed if it was just exporting every frame (this clip took 14 hours, where a normal export for me would be more like 4 or 5).

I have Premier Pro CS6 (I can't afford a CC sub) but if there is *no* way to do this in CS6, I may be able to borrow a friends computer with CC for this one project, but I would much prefer to get it done in CS6 if I can.

All the best and thanks for any help, if anyone has any ideas.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Changing both the speed and framerate of a clip at the same time, effectively
on Sep 19, 2017 at 5:44:28 pm

Click on the clip in the BROWSER. Right click on it and choose MODIFY from the pop-up menu...and then INTERPRET FOOTAGE. Then type in the frame rate you want it to be in the ASSUME THIS FRAME RATE window.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Garrick Darts
Re: Changing both the speed and framerate of a clip at the same time, effectively
on Sep 20, 2017 at 3:41:30 pm

Thanks for that - really helpful.

To follow on - do you know of a good way to smooth out little jumps in the video? The camera was high up, taking the time-lapse, and so got buffetted by the wind from time to time, and though it returned to the "normal" position, and most of the video is fine there are little jumps in the video where I guess the camera has taken one or two frames while it's off by a fraction of a degree, making the video jump for a fraction of a second.

G.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 20, 2017 at 7:57:12 pm

If it really is only a few frames that need to be fixed, you might find them in the timeline and "snapshot" stills of them, along with a "good" adjacent frame, then layer them in Photoshop and adjust the "bad" frame somehow to line up better to the good frame, then save the new still frame and insert into the video. Or maybe even do that right in the timeline - razor cut a frame of video to isolate it, then apply Position and Scale as needed.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]