FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro Error Compiling Move

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Kovas
Premiere Pro Error Compiling Move
on Sep 18, 2017 at 2:08:24 pm

While attempting to export a long sequence (over one hour) I keep getting "Error compiling movie" after 30 or 40 minutes, in some cases further in. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
Re: Premiere Pro Error Compiling Move
on Sep 20, 2017 at 4:30:02 pm

A couple of things I usually try:

1. Error message usually has a time-code, it will say something like "Error at 14:40 render effect...." So, I will usually post a picture or screenshot of the error, which helps others on this forum, figure out what it wrong exactly.
2. Find the area(s) of concern, sometimes noted in the error, I go into the timeline, delete and reapply the color correction or filters on the clip, and then re-export.
3. Find the area(s) of concern, delete, reapply filters, but then, try setting in and out points around the affected area(s), then rendering then, so they are green, the re-export.
4. Change from 'GPU acceleration' to 'software only' in your render settings.
5. Render the entire timeline first, then export. IF it does not render the time-line in certain spots, it's probably an affect or filter, that your computer doesn't like, or your graphics card. Sometimes, you have to play around with deleting and re-adding affects or filters and rendering. If the entire time-line does successfully render, and everything is green, your export should work ok.
6. Export it out using a different export setting, like "High Bitrate", the default, or use another export setting like "YouTube 1080p" or set one up that best works for your client. Leave your frame-rate the same, but change bit-rate or file output if needed, it's up to you, but what I'm saying is, sometimes, Premiere doesn't successfully export - because of the type of file your trying to export it to. Certain types of H.264 files types will not export on a PC, or on a certain graphics card, but it will work when you export it on a Mac or using another graphics card.
7. Delete media caches, restart computer, check for any computer issues or quirks.
8. Copy your time-line, and paste it into a brand new sequence, within the "same project", and try and re-export that new sequence.
9. Copy your time-line, and paste it into a brand new sequence, within a "new project", and try and re-export that new sequence.
10. Save project on an external drive, take to a friend, make a duplicate copy of the Premiere Project, give it another name, like Tom's final edit_export text", then have your friend open it on his computer with his version of Premiere, and have him export it for you. See if it works ok.

Hope one of these helps!

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah
digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]