FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH5 10 bit 4K footage zooming to 100%

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Lyons
GH5 10 bit 4K footage zooming to 100%
on Sep 16, 2017 at 4:21:40 pm

I have loads of 4K footage shot in the brand spanking new GH5 (10 bit) format. While the footage looks gorgeous, when I play it back in the source window or even when unrendered in the timeline, the footage will zoom to full 4k rather than staying at the "fit" view or at 1080P size. It plays nice when I render it however. This makes it hard to log shots since I only see 1/4 of it when it plays or even when I scroll along the timeline with the cursor. Reducing the playback resolution doesn't do squat.
I'm up to date with Premiere and my OS is Sierra 10.12.6. I'm on a fully loaded iMac circa December 2015.
Does anybody have any clues on whether this is a problem on my end or with Premiere, with codecs, or with some unchecked menu setting? Or must I wait for an update?

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: GH5 10 bit 4K footage zooming to 100%
on Sep 16, 2017 at 7:12:14 pm

I know I answered you in the GH5 forum but some people who may not go there might have the same question so here's my response again.

Believe it or not you have to set the playback resolution to full. Seriously. 1/2 or 1/4 or whatever will cause that zooming effect.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: GH5 10 bit 4K footage zooming to 100%
on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:30:38 pm

[Duke Sweden] "Believe it or not you have to set the playback resolution to full. Seriously. 1/2 or 1/4 or whatever will cause that zooming effect."

Or Adobe could fix their crappy software to work as advertised. The motion manipulator has serious flaws and bugs as you can tell from my short videos below. Send Adobe a bug report telling them to scrap the Mercury Playback Engine and introduce the Saturn Six System. Heck they can call it whatever they want but Premiere Pro is getting worse and worse.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]