FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing XAVC L to Premiere 2017 12.1.2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
Importing XAVC L to Premiere 2017 12.1.2
on Sep 16, 2017 at 12:58:19 pm

I'm running into an odd situation importing footage from Sony X70 & FS5 (XAVC- 1080 30P). I've transferred footage using ShotPut Pro(file checked), using Media Browser w/in PP I've imported the folder (w/ all contents). Sometimes it comes in fine, and I can access the clips from within the XDRoot folder, sometime there is nothing there but an empty folder. When there are no files in the folder after import, I can drill into the external HD folder down to the clip level and import all of the clips.--which play OK. This does work, but strange occurrences like the above worry me. Anybody running into the above, and more importantly have and insights?

Thanks,
Jim

iMac 5K, Sierra 10.12.6
PP 2017.12.1.2
Drobo RAID

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Importing XAVC L to Premiere 2017 12.1.2
on Sep 16, 2017 at 3:13:23 pm

Are you trying to import the transferred files after they go through ShotPut Pro? If so, maybe there's an issue with ShotPut Pro.

I work with a lot of Sony FS7 files and so far I've never run into any importing issues within PP but I also don't use any specialty software to copy the Sony folder structure from one location to another.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
Re: Importing XAVC L to Premiere 2017 12.1.2
on Sep 16, 2017 at 5:39:01 pm

Thanks for the thought. I'll send a note over to Imagine, see if they've encountered this issue and report back.
Cheers,
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]