FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported media is not the same as when viewed in the timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark asquith
Exported media is not the same as when viewed in the timeline
on Sep 15, 2017 at 10:28:17 am

hi all

I have a project, made up of 48fps HD drone and 25fps HD camcorder footage. It's rendered, with effects and transitions and plays fine in the timeline. I imported the various clips by 'keeping existing settings'.

However, I am having 2 problems ( challenges )

1-When I apply higher speed settings to clips, CS6 is dropping frames from the end of some of them - so I have had to overcompensate to get clips to end where I want them to - but this takes time and effort and I'd rather not have to! (each one has to be rendered to make sure it stops at the right place)

2-although the finished project plays fine in the timeline, the exported media (mpeg2; I have tried exporting as 25fps pal and 29.97fps ntsc - same result), the final mpeg includes parts of sequences that I have edited out as well as missing smaller pieces that I have left in.

I can't find a similar problem elsewhere in the forum. I suspect it's settings-related but can't see how or what I am doing wrong. I have always edited only 25fps dvcam footage before and have never had this problem.

thankyou for any guidance in resolving!

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Exported media is not the same as when viewed in the timeline
on Sep 15, 2017 at 3:08:22 pm

Is any of your drone footage VFR (variable frame rate)? Premiere Pro needs CFR (constant frame rate) footage.

You can convert VFR to CFR using Handbrake. It's free. (handbrake.fr)

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 15, 2017 at 4:45:07 pm

Thanks Jon I'll check that out , haven't changed whatever default setting it came with ( other than setting from 4K to hd). Hadn't considered that at all so Thankyou and hope that's it! Regards, mark

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 15, 2017 at 11:17:13 pm

darn ... Hi Jon, I converted varios clips to constant by using handbrake, put them into the sequence to replace existing clips ... but CS6 still drops frames ...... I am 'gutted'. Looks fine in timeline but exports a different perspective. hugely frustrating..... Am hoping for other suggestions ....
all the best,
Mark

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 16, 2017 at 12:08:05 pm

I'm trying different settings to export with but none yet work - tried h264, mpeg 2, at 25 and 29.97fps. I have keyframe change set to 1, bitrate 8mbps, am rendering at max depth.

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 18, 2017 at 11:33:58 pm

hi Jon, no change - all is the same - yet the exported h264 file (or mpeg - tried both) is different to what I see when i view the project in the timeline -I don't get it ..... and it's very frustrating!!). My footage is sped up; if I don't , I dont get the problem (but I need to speed it up for this project). help ...! regards, Mark

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Sep 19, 2017 at 6:37:33 pm

Have you tried transcoding your footage to a different file format, like DNxHD or ProRes? Something that PPro may handle a little better. As far as previous edits showing up in render, delete your render files, then try your render again if that happens.
TC

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 19, 2017 at 10:01:18 pm

thanks Todd will try that (although Handbrake doesn't seem to have those outputs - have you a recommended software that would transcode to these formats?). I've deleted the previous render files and will re-render. It's very frustrating; I've use Premiere for years and not had this before - it's only since I've been using 48fps (drone) footage. I am using custom project settings of 50fps (as 48fps is not an option).
I'll reply again when have re-rendered.
thankyou for the advice, regards, Mark

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 19, 2017 at 11:03:51 pm

hi Todd

re-rendering didnt change things I'm afraid. Have found that handbrake DOES convert to PRO-RES so trying that now

regards, Mark

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Sep 20, 2017 at 3:20:39 pm

I thought you may be able to convert to another format with Media Encoder. Would def make files that work well in PPro.
TC

Return to posts index

mark asquith
on Sep 21, 2017 at 9:12:05 am

Thanks Todd

Does this mean encoding to a different FPS setting (i.e. from 48 to 60) which Premiere can handle (as I suspect that it's the frame rate that is causing the problem) or do you think by converting the 48fps footage to a different file type - but still at 48fps - will solve the problem? thankyou!

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Sep 21, 2017 at 10:27:35 pm

I would keep the fps the same. If you need to change the rate, do that in PPro.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Sep 21, 2017 at 10:28:28 pm

Let us know if anything helps or not.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]