FORUMS: list search recent posts

Essential Title Nightmare

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Merklein
Essential Title Nightmare
on Sep 14, 2017 at 8:29:02 pm

I've been doing the editing thing for very long time from film, through video tape, Montague, Avid and Premiere Pro.
From LA to NY.

All I have to say is that Essential Graphics is the worst piece of graphics garbage I've ever encountered.

If I can't go into Essential Graphics and see how to create a simple circle (even after watching 2 good tutorials) something is very broken.

My fear is that Adobe in their muddled wisdom will kill off Legacy.

Shame on the developers of this clap trap program.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Essential Title Nightmare
on Sep 14, 2017 at 8:45:34 pm

I am not a fan of the new Essential Graphics Panel. Having said that you have to send Adobe a feature request for Adobe not to get rid of the legacy titling system. I have.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Sep 15, 2017 at 12:11:28 am

I do like the new title tool.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Sep 14, 2017 at 9:32:56 pm

Agreed. I tried out Essential Audio once and quickly realized that it was complete crap.

Adobe in it's infinite wisdom wastes a large amount of energy on adding yet even more features to Premiere but what they should primarily be focused on is improving and refining the features that already exist.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 14, 2017 at 11:17:35 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 15, 2017 at 3:21:28 am

[greg janza] "Adobe in it's infinite wisdom wastes a large amount of energy on adding yet even more features to Premiere but what they should primarily be focused on is improving and refining the features that already exist."

Well, that's Adobe's way of doing things ever since this Creative Cloud monstrosity started. Premiere's not the only Adobe application that suffers from this. The new Adobe M-O goes something like this:

Offer sparkly new features designed ONLY to attract new users... um, RENTERS...
get the new renters hooked on the subscription...
apologize all over the place when something inevitably doesn't work right....
promise it will all be better in the next release....
put minimal effort into fixing the sparkly new features....
put LESS-than-minimal effort into refining long-standing features...
piss off the longtime users who remember when you BOUGHT software...

....and just watch the rental fees roll in month after month.

Hey, why kill yourself? You're getting paid even if your product's garbage! And the best part is, the early adopters do your work for you! They're unwitting members of the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program!

Helluva way to run a business, huh?

There's an earlier thread about a new update on the way, with new sparkly features : https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/999525

I have five whole American bucks that say at least one of the new features falls flat on its face from the get-go. But it WILL lure in a boatload of gullible new renters, I say.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Sep 15, 2017 at 4:24:55 am
Last Edited By greg janza on Sep 15, 2017 at 4:41:19 am

[Dave LaRonde] "Helluva way to run a business, right?"

Adobe is now king of the hill so we're a bit at their mercy. However, I'm not really complaining all that much because the customer base is getting a helluva good product for that nominal yearly fee.

- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Sep 15, 2017 at 1:14:55 pm

I just hope they don't jettison what works - like maybe Legacy Title Tool.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Sep 15, 2017 at 11:13:54 am

2 mouse clicks to create a circle in Essential Graphics panel, the same as the legacy Title Tool, which, by the way, is still there.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Sep 15, 2017 at 2:27:15 pm

Hi Steve and thanks for the info.

My problem is that the circle is a jagged blue thing that I have no control over, and I can't see control for things like fill, line width etc. In Legacy I went from Avid to Pro with the greatest of ease. I think Essentials could have been user designed in a much better way

E

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Sep 15, 2017 at 5:17:07 pm

Not trying to be a jerk, but I really don't see how much easier they could make it.

I'm wondering, are you in the Essential Graphics Workspace such as shown in the clip?

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Sep 15, 2017 at 5:19:03 pm

Also, I too came from Avid to Premiere, albeit years ago. I find Premiere much more intuitive, and I actually have Media Composer training from Avid. But, to each his own.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:30:34 am

[Steve Brame] "Not trying to be a jerk, but I really don't see how much easier they could make it."

Maybe you could replicate what is in this video below : )

[Steve Brame] "I'm wondering, are you in the Essential Graphics Workspace such as shown in the clip?"

I'm wondering how you create beveled edges and set the transparency of the fill and inner and outer strokes? Premiere had Problems with the transparency so I'm thinking Adobe figured lets get rid of the separate transparency levels for the fill and inner and outer stroke Just like they got rid of so many filters and transitions. We pay more and get less.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Sep 16, 2017 at 9:18:11 pm

As I understand, and I could certainly be wrong, new features such as the Essential Graphics Panel are developments in progress, and functionality from legacy tools, the Title Tool in this case, are being incrementally integrated. This is why they have not eliminated the legacy Title Tool, and probably will not until all of it's functionality is ported to the EGP. So no, beveled edges and separate transparency levels for the fill and inner and outer stroke are not in the EGP, but they're still there in the legacy Title Tool.

I personally always found the Title Tool to be a bit clunky and archaic, so if I ever needed that type of functionality I used PhotoShop or Illustrator. But again, to each his own. So, if the Title Tool worked for you, then by all means, continue to use it.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:20:55 pm

[Steve Brame] "I personally always found the Title Tool to be a bit clunky and archaic, so if I ever needed that type of functionality I used PhotoShop or Illustrator. But again, to each his own. So, if the Title Tool worked for you, then by all means, continue to use it."

You used to be able to dock the titling tool and all the panels of the titling tool. The last couple of versions make docking panels harder. They just don't want to dock as easy as before. We will see where the essential graphic panel is in another six months. Perhaps Adobe should have waited until NAB 2018 to release the Essential Graphic Panel. The titles just don't look as crisp with the new titling system although I think that may have changed with the new update.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Sep 17, 2017 at 11:36:57 am

I'd suggest opening the Title Tool, place it where you want it on the screen, and create a new Workspace named 'Titles'. Then when you switch to the 'Titles' workspace, it will be there for you.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]