FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Krueger
Export Settings
on Sep 12, 2017 at 10:21:19 pm

I just completed my first sequence with Adobe Premier. ( I have used Sony Vegas for many years... I might go back if I can't figure this thing out!)

My sequence was made up of UHD 3840x2160 clips. (taken from a small Sony RX100V). The sequence is about 10 minutes. I want to export it to play on a Ipad. ( With another export for BluRay). I have watched many tutorials, but still am not clear on what the best settings should be. Can anyone help here?

I am also confused on making settings for the Sequence... If I plan on exporting everything in 1080... do I set my sequence setting to 1080p even though I am using UHD clips?

I am doing a export now as I write this for my 10 minute sequence. It has been encoding now for about 1 and half hours and it is only 37% done on first pass!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Return to posts index

Bret Hampton
Re: Export Settings
on Sep 12, 2017 at 10:56:01 pm

Unless you purposely want to change sizes of your video clips you should set the sequence to match your footage.

What export settings did you use? Encoding time varies a lot depending on source material/size and final output.
If you go to H264 settings there's a whole list of output formats, including iPad.

Then there's a separate H264 Blu-ray setting. Looks like only 1920x1080. I assume UHD would need separate codec and perhaps UHD Blu-ray drive.

Return to posts index

Mark Krueger
on Sep 12, 2017 at 11:37:18 pm

Thanks for the fast response! I shot in 3840 only to be able to zoom in on footage and not loose resolution. As far as I know there is no export that is 3840 only 1080? No UHD drives that I am aware of. And if there are, I don't think I could afford them yet. So If I set my sequence to 1080, then I would need to scale the clips or set the clips to frame size. Which one would give me the ability to zoom in and not lose resolution. Also do you know, if I do not set the sequence to a particular frame size will it automatically use the first clip I put in as that resolution?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 13, 2017 at 3:39:22 pm

Hi Mark,

I shoot stage events in UHD then edit in 1080 or 720p sequences to enable zooming/cropping in post and it works great!

Create a New Sequence in 1080p, for instance: AVCHD 1080p 29.97

When you drop that first UHD clip into the Sequence, it may warn that clip doesn't match sequence - disregard.

Right-click the UHD clip(s) and select SET TO FRAME SIZE. Do not use Scale to Frame Size. The SET option will keep the extra resolution and use it if you Scale the image (zoom in).

Per the other reply, choose H.264 for the export format, then there are a ton of presets for different devices, choose something appropriate to your needs.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Sep 13, 2017 at 2:27:59 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Sep 13, 2017 at 2:44:15 am

export a master at largest resolution needed and shrink down later for other devices. some may need black borders or stretch or scale or just punch in either set to frame size or scale to frame size.

All iPads have multi-touch IPS displays with a 4:3 aspect ratio. While the 16:9 aspect ratio is considered the best for watching high definition video, the 4:3 aspect ratio is considered better for browsing the web and using apps.
Devices Portrait Landscape
iPhone & iPod Touch 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation 320x480 px 480x320 px
Retina iPad iPad 3, iPad 4 1536x2048 px 2048x1536 px
iPad Mini 768x1024 px 1024x768 px
iPad 1st and 2nd Generation 768x1024 px 1024x768 px

if you set preferences, by default it will create that action for either Set to Frame Size vs Scale to Frame Size

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]