FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxy Edit in Premiere CS6 - Problems with unlinking and relinking media

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Warman
Proxy Edit in Premiere CS6 - Problems with unlinking and relinking media
on Sep 11, 2017 at 2:23:58 pm

Hi,

I'm new to PP I'm working with PP CS6 on an iMac from 2011 in OS 10.12.6.
I have downgraded 4K pro res files post colour correction from DaVinci Resolve to 720 res. files in Adobe Encoder to do an offline proxy edit in PP.
I have finished my edit and I am trying to make the files 'offline' so I can relink them to the original 4K files (everything is named the same and in the same folder).
When I select all on my timeline, under 'project' 'make offline' is greyed out, can someone please help me in explaining why this greyed out ? If I can't make them offline then I can't reconnect the 4K files.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Kelly

Return to posts index

Matt Dunne
Re: Proxy Edit in Premiere CS6 - Problems with unlinking and relinking media
on Sep 11, 2017 at 5:33:29 pm

Hi Kelly by any chance are the files you're trying to make offline a multi clip? I don't think that will work so try the same process with your media but in your project panel instead.

Before you do any of this I would suggest duplicating your project as an "ONLINE" project because reconnecting to your full rez media might mess with your positioning keyframes and you'll want to have a backup incase you need to trouble shoot anything.

Hopefully this helps.

-editor of things

Return to posts index

Kelly Warman
Re: Proxy Edit in Premiere CS6 - Problems with unlinking and relinking media
on Sep 14, 2017 at 2:32:41 pm

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. I'm not sure what you mean by 'multi clip' ?? Also where is the project panel. Sorry to be a total newb I'm used to FCP....

Kelly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]