FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two sequences with identical settings and content one plays choppy

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex ezorsky
Two sequences with identical settings and content one plays choppy
on Sep 9, 2017 at 5:15:52 pm

I had a big messy timeline with tons of content and AE links and I came to a point where even typical 1080p unaffected clips were playing choppy so I decided to diagnose the problem. First I deleted all clips besides the few clips without effects I was currently playing. To my surprise it still played choppy.

So I decided to make a new sequence using one of the clips to make the settings match the clip. Then I put the clips from the choppy sequence into the new one and it played fine. So I looked at the settings of the two sequences and changed all the sequence settings of the new sequence to match the problematic sequence. The new one still played fine!

So it's not the content, its not the settings, I even made sure playback res and all other timeline viewing settings were the same.

It seems the older sequence is just permanently choppy. Is this possible? To get a "corrupt" sequence? I even cleared the cache, didn't solve it.

I'd love to know if people think they know what might be wrong instead of just putting things in a new sequence every time I have this problem.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Two sequences with identical settings and content one plays choppy
on Sep 9, 2017 at 7:35:27 pm

Are you playing back through use of GPU acceleration or are you rendering your sequence before playback? If there's choppiness in the sequence after rendering it that would be quite odd indeed. But if you're playing back unrendered files you could run into a random file that trips up the gpu acceleration.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

alex ezorsky
on Sep 9, 2017 at 8:13:06 pm

No it's not a rendering issue. I've also tried turning GPU acceleration (OpenCL) on and off and it doesn't change the results. Again both sequences have the exact same clips in them which is what makes this so mind boggling.

Thanks for the help though!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 9, 2017 at 9:33:31 pm

Have you ever thought that the software could be screwy and that you have to occasionally use workarounds to get it to work properly?/

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]