FORUMS: list search recent posts

File references keep changing, making edit out of sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus Stone
File references keep changing, making edit out of sync
on Sep 9, 2017 at 2:07:27 am

This is a weird one.

I did a shoot with two cameras running simultaneously. Sound was recorded separately on a zoom HN4.

Afterwards, I popped the sound in the timeline and synced both video tracks to it. There were some stops and starts on different cameras (media changes, etc) so a few video edits, but nothing major. The sound was one unbroken track.

Then I proceeded to begin a rough cut, always making sure I did the same thing to all three tracks (V1, V2, A1) so they remain in sync. All good. Got partway through the edit and saved for later. On re-opening the sync on a later section was out, like A1 had moved, but earlier sections were fine. I figured that was strange, so I manually resynced and continued editing. Saved again and came back to it later.

Now all the bits from the resynced section (that I had now edited into the program) are out of sync again, while some of it remains in sync. Even stranger, the parts of the file it are referencing are greyed out because no sound exists in the original file - it's referencing timecode from *before the beginning of the sound file.

I haven't linked tracks because I don't think Premiere lets you sync two video tracks to an audio track. I haven't transcoded the H264 because the system seems to be able to cope with decoding on the fly without slowing down much.

Currently rendering synced rushes out to try and get around the issue, but I'm wondering if this is a problem anyone has seen before, and what I should do to avoid it in future?

Markus

Return to posts index

Markus Stone
Re: File references keep changing, making edit out of sync
on Sep 9, 2017 at 4:11:31 am

Yup, it just did it again. Save, quit, reopen. The edits are the same, the media they refer to are not. What's going on?

Markus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]