FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequences with .PSDs in place revert back to older saves during export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Nagle
Sequences with .PSDs in place revert back to older saves during export
on Sep 8, 2017 at 8:05:23 pm

Hey Gang,

This is an annoying loophole that's been killing my streamline... when I use a .PSD recurrently in sequences (updated monthly), the canvas accurately will reflect any immediate changes made to the placed .PSD asset after it is saved in Photoshop (but not until then... i.e.: one month to the next, on titles). Makes sense, which is why you'd expect the exports to work, too... but when I render out, the final video seems to incorporate the previous save, the one which was first placed on the timeline.

Same thing happens even after I'll do a safety Premiere restart and even after re-importing the .PSD. Any ideas? Spookiest thing of all... after the export is finished, the canvas will reflect the previous save, as well! Remember, it's still referencing "the same file," but an older version.

The easy fix is to export PNGs and drop those on the timeline, but the nature of this specific work would lend itself best to constantly updating the same .PSD(s) on multiple sequence(s).

OSX: 10.10.5
PP: 2017.1.2 release
Ps: 2015.5.1 release

^^^ I will update and report back if the Ps change matters, but I feel like this is an innate Premiere caching / auto-save issue, perhaps comparable to setting a sequence to render but then making changes to it before you do so.

Any thoughts / suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brendan

Brendan Nagle
Filmmaker / Journalist / Actor
http://www.TheBrendanNagle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]