FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to animate a shape with a mask in premiere cc?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
how to animate a shape with a mask in premiere cc?
on Sep 5, 2017 at 11:28:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I am trying to figure out the fastest way to animate a shape with premiere, I like to use an opacity mask that travels around a a line that is underlining my title text, something like this title on the intro of this video ( do pls wait for the add intro to see the video, is only 29 sec!):

http://www.thekitchn.com/videos

I like to mask just the line, but can't find the way to do it? I have premiere cc 2017 with latest update.
I also like to know hoe they did the little animation on the whole text. I am used to do this in after effects, and would love to see how to do this efficiently in premiere, as I could not find the way to do so.

Thank you all!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: how to animate a shape with a mask in premiere cc?
on Sep 5, 2017 at 11:44:15 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 5, 2017 at 11:44:46 pm

Okay, now I'm hungry.

Sorry, I didn't see any line animating beneath a line of text. I saw bowls being removed that reveal lines of text.

If that's what you mean, that's rotoscoping, and it's something done easier (and better) in After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Sep 6, 2017 at 12:28:19 am

hahah I am hungry too!
the line I am talking about is the one that appears at the intro of this video, in the tITLE!
If you see it let me know if that can be done in Premiere or I have to go into AE,

thanks Dave!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 6, 2017 at 1:00:46 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 6, 2017 at 1:04:50 am

Sorry, all I see is a yellow, non-moving line under the word, "Tomato". I watched a couple of times. It was as solid as a rock.

I'm supposed to be looking at a recipe for Tomato Butter, right?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Sep 6, 2017 at 11:43:41 am

I see, the link is playing whatever videos now...not a specific one, I meant to watch the "melting sweet potatoes", where that yellow line is growing as the title appears. I don't care about the animation, but if i can animate in premiere, a simple line shape appearing on screen. You can watch also the "slow cooker lemon garlic chicken", as it has that yellow line animated, along with text:

http://www.thekitchn.com/videos

Then, in the "crunchy peanut slaw" there is a rounded rectangle under the title, can that shape be made in premiere or I also have to go into AE? so far I only have the typical square and elliptical shape in the title tools...here the image:

Thanks again Dave!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 7, 2017 at 3:05:14 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 7, 2017 at 3:06:30 pm

Now mind you, I've never investigated animating lines in PP -- I find the text features in ANY NLE to be notoriously crummy. They just aren't very versatile.

I find I have more options in AE. I can try out design choices and change my mind. And I also have a whole lot of built-in text animation presets. Not to mention a whole boatload of other non-text animation options.

So I'm going to recommend using AE for animation. I'll leave it to other people who are adept at creating text in PP to make further suggestions.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Sep 7, 2017 at 6:18:55 pm

[Esther Casas] "Then, in the "crunchy peanut slaw" there is a rounded rectangle under the title, can that shape be made in premiere or I also have to go into AE? so far I only have the typical square and elliptical shape in the title tools...here the image:"

Premiere Pro's old legacy titling tool is one of the best titling tools in the business. Animating lines in Premiere Pro is super duper easy. There is no need for After Effects. You can use a wipe or slide transition or key frame it with motion paths. You can also use the crop tool. If you can wait two weeks I will try to make a tutorial. Until then below is a video that demonstrates the power of Premiere Pro's titling system but it is not a tutorial.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Sep 14, 2017 at 1:03:16 pm

Hello Andy! I just saw this! if you can send me the link to that video tutorial it will be GREAT! as I am trying to use as less as possible after effects when I edit in premiere- i am suppose to be editing lots of fast quick videos, so avoiding AE is key on the pipeline i have. You said two weeks last week, doe sit mean you will have this video sometime this week? I am trying to find out the fastest way to animate text (animating underlines, animating for example a "vibrating/cooking effect" of the text, etc etc), avoiding AE...if possible!

Thanks again Andy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]