FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripple delete on multiple tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simeon in 't Veld
Ripple delete on multiple tracks
on Sep 5, 2017 at 12:37:40 pm

Hey Creative Cows!
After years of finding really helpful info here I just made my account and first post.

I have a spotlist of 2 hrs. of footage in a timeline. I have arranged the shots over various tracks to indicate their priority. (track 1 is crap, 2 is usable, 3 is good and track 4 is awesome footage.)

This I want to maintain offcourse.

I deleted all the clips from track 1.
Now I have a lot of gaps in the timeline which I would like to remove.

I know of the trick using an adjustment layer to do a ripple delete that way but this only works for a single track.
I need a method for doing this over multiple tracks.

Anyone know a good trick for this!? Would be really helpful!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Ripple delete on multiple tracks
on Sep 5, 2017 at 8:13:00 pm

Make sure Sync Lock is enabled on all your tracks. Select the gap and use Opt/Delete to close the gaps keeping everything in sync.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:12:02 am

there is no single gap. there are over 100 gaps in the timeline I wish to close.
I am also not aware of the Opt/Delete function you mention.

Could you further explain?

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:35:35 am

Okay I found a solution*

I just gave every layer of priority a different color label via right clicking - selecting label.

Then dragged all the clips to one layer. Added an adjustment layer on top. (layer above) And draged all the clipt over it and then back down Making the adjustment layer only visible where the gaps are. I then selected all the parts of the adjustment layer and right clicked - Ripple delete.

Then selected a single clip of a specific color and right clicked - label - select label group ... to select all clips of that specific color label and dragged them back te their corresponding track.

BAM!

Although I must say this is quite a hassle... Adobe thould make this simple feature available with a button.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:39:56 am

As I mentioned, you can delete a gap (as if it were a clip) - you don't need to be messing around with adjustment layers.

Opt/Delete is the shortcut for Ripple Delete.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
on Sep 6, 2017 at 11:50:50 am

I get what you're saying.. But you are talking about A gap. I am talking about 100+ gaps. I am not going to manually select and delete 100+ gaps. That takes way too much time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]