FORUMS: list search recent posts

Migrating merged clips via project manager

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Knutson
Migrating merged clips via project manager
on Sep 4, 2017 at 6:24:47 pm

Hi all, I'm in a doozy of a pickle here.

Here's the breakdown.

I'm editing a one hour nature special. With 28 TB of footage, all the clips had proxies made for them. I have picture lock from the network, and am prepping the project to go to audio and color post.

I can't very well ship 28TB to the post folks, so I'm using Project Manager to prep a drive. When I use the project manager to copy and consolidate all the used footage, it RIGHTLY ignores the proxies and gives me the raw and source clips (so far so good).

However, many of the clips rely on SOT soundups, which were linked up to the clips with externally recorded audio (ie: the host walking and talking). The people who prepped the footage used Premiere's MERGE command to sync the external audio to the video clips.

BUT... the merge command connected the audio to the PROXY. And, since the merge command is essentially just an internal effect in premiere (not affecting the actual clips) these merged clips seem stuck in a state of non-existance according to project manager. SO, when I complete the project migration, these merged clips basically just confuse permiere, and I have no real means of reconnecting them: connecting the external audio manually seems to ignore in/out points, so its not in sync. And connecting picture leaves audio blank.

In the project, the files still show in the footage bin (with -merged amended to the clip name). But in Finder, the clips are the original, non-proxy / non-merged clip.

Does anyone have any experience roundtripping clips like this?

Running: Premiere Pro 2017.0.2 v11.0 (intentionally back versioned to match client buildout).

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Migrating merged clips via project manager
on Sep 5, 2017 at 4:07:49 pm

My apologies if you've already tried this:

Can you take all of the proxies offline and then re-link your merged clips to the master video files and the secondary audio?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]