FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC 2017 - Dynamic Link to AE not working

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Newton
CC 2017 - Dynamic Link to AE not working
on Sep 1, 2017 at 1:45:31 am

Hi,

Been doing this for years: Right click on footage in my Premiere timeline, select "Replace with After Effects Composition". After Effects launches creating a new composition which contains the original trimmed clip from Premiere ready for effects work in AE.

With my upgrade to CC 2017 Premiere and AE it's not working anymore. (Premiere v11.0 Oasis, AE v14.0.1.5). I mean, it partially works, in that it launches AE and creates a composition. However the footage from Premiere is NOT imported into AE, just an empty composition is created.

Anyone else having this issue?

Robert N.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: CC 2017 - Dynamic Link to AE not working
on Sep 1, 2017 at 2:02:14 am

I don't have much use for that but I just now tried it and it worked fine, clip from Premiere Pro showed up in the AE composition. Sounds like another one of those bugs that only affects one or two people. Are you sure your PPro and AE versions match? Both are the latest? If one or the other is a previous version that will cause a problem every time.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Robert Newton
on Sep 1, 2017 at 2:31:16 am

Hi Duke,

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually... In the past I've had Premiere launch an earlier version of AE (I had not upgraded) with no problem, but with new versions you may well be correct. Just because doing that process *launches* After Effects doesn't mean, I guess, that it will sync correctly with a mismatched version. Let me check my versions, hold on...

Looks like Premiere is current, but AE needs to be updated. I'll go through that process and report back. That could be it, thanks!

Robert

Return to posts index

Robert Newton
on Sep 1, 2017 at 11:48:11 am

Yep, that did it! Thanks Duke. Only a decimal point release difference in my AE versions, but that was enough. All working fine now.

Robert

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Sep 1, 2017 at 1:46:29 pm

There ya go! Proving that even a moron like me can offer pearls of wisdom. Or something like that 😉

Glad it worked out for ya!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]