FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere pro reopen after crashing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Thoume
Premiere pro reopen after crashing
on Aug 30, 2017 at 3:34:23 pm

in previous versions of premiere pro my project would crash, i would force quite the application and then would usually get a window asking if i would like to reopen the project and save it as a new file whilst it tries to salvage all i had done since last save. Since the latest premiere pro update to CC 2017 every time it crashes now i don't get that window and I have to open it from my last save, no recovery,

can anyone help with this thanks in advanced,

Ben

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
Re: Premiere pro reopen after crashing
on Aug 31, 2017 at 3:25:26 pm

That means your project is crashing harder and quicker than it can respond. Save often and dont trust autosave.
Find your crash issues. The good thing about CC is that we have support. Call in and they will remote diagnose. They dont always figure it out, but they will clean up your install for you.

Return to posts index

Tim Kline
Re: Premiere pro reopen after crashing
on Sep 4, 2017 at 6:54:10 pm

Not sure I can help. But it happens to me all the time. Here are a list of things to check, that I have found will crash the system.

1. LUT"S or Creative Looks that are outdated for the Premier Pro Version you have. If you have older lots installed, see if there are newer versions. This is my #1 system "crasher"

2. Sometimes running AE and Photoshop and Premier, will crash it in between the exchange. Not sure there is a fix, but I try to do my AE work and photoshop work first. Dynamic link never works well for me and I am using a solid system.

3. Obvious: make sure your program is updated ☺ Adobe likes to force you to update. LOL

Hope this helps. Tim

Timothy Kline
Production Manager
Hilo Motion Pictures
Video Production Portfolio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]