FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere pro lagging so much that it's impossible to edit

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Marcia-Gonzalez
Premiere pro lagging so much that it's impossible to edit
on Aug 29, 2017 at 3:00:42 am

Im currently working on a video that's been playing smooth, until I added a few more clips to insert into the video and now its lagging so much making it impossble to edit. please let me know what information you need to better assist me as I have no clue what to do.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Premiere pro lagging so much that it's impossible to edit
on Aug 30, 2017 at 1:21:05 pm

What are your computer specs and what kind of clips did you add?

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Aug 31, 2017 at 3:28:23 pm

I had a similar issue. Mine was audio layers in a multicam sequence. I exported out the audio layer as a new file and put it on the timeline and deleted the audio layers and it responded properly. Not a good fix but at least I narrowed down the area of my playback lag.

Return to posts index

Tim Kline
on Sep 4, 2017 at 6:58:16 pm

Few things to look out for:

1. Are you using drone footage? DJI codecs lag the hell out of systems.

2. Obvious: make sure your frame rates are all similar. If you have different frame rate footage, just click on the footage in your media browser and "interpret footage" all the same rate. This will lag it for sure.

3. Your playback: If you are using the regular set up, its a Mpeg playback. If you are working with pro-res footage or RAW, you will need to change your playback to a custom setting. Generally something 1920x1080 or smaller.

4. Usually its codec for me. If I am working with the GH5 .mp5 footage, and mixed with pro-res footage it will lag much more then a full pro res workflow. You can try doing Proxie Files. Just search Premier Pro using Proxie files. This always helps and probably better to learn it sooner then later.

Super hope this helped.

Timothy Kline
Production Manager
Hilo Motion Pictures
Video Production Portfolio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]