FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prelude naming issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Glass
Prelude naming issues
on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:32:57 pm

I'm batch converting AVCHD footage to ProRes using Prelude but running into some issues. The encoding goes well but for some reason, Prelude is only renaming some of the files, and not all. I have it set to rename them with the reel number, a space, then a sequential 3-digit number. For example "01 001.mov". But for some reason only 2 of the 5 files I included in the recent batch changed names.

Any idea why this would happen or how to remedy it?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: Prelude naming issues
on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:54:11 pm
Last Edited By Paul Neumann on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:56:46 pm

Is it producing 5 files with only 2 renamed? Or is it only producing 2 files out of 5 and those 2 are renamed? One way to check is to search the project panel for 003 and see if it returns a result.

I use Prelude on all but the smallest of small jobs and have never had this happen.

Also, are these spanned clips? As in do 2 clips represent one roll of the camera and 3 clips represent another single roll of the camera. This would only produce 2 clips.

Return to posts index

Arturo Glass
on Aug 28, 2017 at 10:57:48 pm

It produced 5 files and only 2 renamed. The others are named the same as the original MTS files. And yeah, there were spanned files but Ingesting them through prelude allowed it to figure out which were split.

Return to posts index

Arturo Glass
on Aug 28, 2017 at 10:59:15 pm

Another issue I'm running into is since I name all my files with the shoot day as the reel number, Card 1 from the day may have clips 1-5, and card 2 will have clips 6-20.

Is there a way in Prelude to have it name clips sequentially, even if they're from a different AVCHD folder? That is, do card 1 with files 1-5, then card to starting at #6?

Return to posts index

Ryan Patch
on Aug 30, 2017 at 12:25:54 am

I have stopped using prelude because of inconsistent renaming across different formats, the inability to rename some formats, etc. It's a mess. If you're transcoding anyway, perhaps create dailies in Resolve? It's a great app.

R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]