FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correct to specific RGB or HSL values.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Adair
Color correct to specific RGB or HSL values.
on Aug 28, 2017 at 3:41:52 pm

I'm working on a project for a cosmetics company, and my client is being very specific about color on a lipstick smear panel. I've used Lumetri HSL Secondary tools to pick shades and get close visually on a calibrated monitor. However, I'm wondering if there's a place I'm missing where I can enter her product's specific color values and correct exactly to that color.

Anyone run into this one before?

Also, any advice on how I can convince her that I can't calibrate every monitor on the planet to display her colors correctly? 😉

Thanks in advance, mighty Forum Gods!

MediaWorks, Inc.
Your Image is Our Mission; 'On Target' is Our Mantra; Satisfaction is Our Manifesto

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Color correct to specific RGB or HSL values.
on Aug 28, 2017 at 5:08:35 pm

[Lee Adair] "Also, any advice on how I can convince her that I can't calibrate every monitor on the planet to display her colors correctly?"

Have the client take a trip to Best Buy and look at the TV sets on display. They're all slightly different colors. These are what end users have in their homes. The client has noble intentions, but faces an impossible task.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lee Adair
on Aug 28, 2017 at 6:07:45 pm

I finally sent her a link to open on her iPad where she declared it was close... then I put the iPad into Night Shift mode and I think she had an ah-hah moment...

I'd still like to solve the first bit, however. A friend showed me how to do it on Avid - one nice feature on Avid, but the rest of using Avid is like editing with two sticks and a rock, IMHO.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Aug 29, 2017 at 7:26:19 am

IMO the Lumetri tools are lousy and lacking a bunch of features. You should probably try and learn to use Resolve. There's a color compressor effect for something like this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]