FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Newb - Why Can't I Razor-Cut a Single Frame of Video?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Henderson
Premiere Newb - Why Can't I Razor-Cut a Single Frame of Video?
on Aug 25, 2017 at 3:40:38 pm

Hi - I'm trying to duplicate the process described in this YouTube video for taking a single frame and stretching it out as needed:

However after I make the first cut, zoomed all the way in, I cannot make another cut either before or after my first cut. No errors, just no razor cut. Just sits there doing nothing. Actually I've zoomed out and tried a cut ANYWHERE on this clip after the first razor cut and I can't cut anything. I've shut down the project and Premiere because sometimes it just glitches, but that's not what is happening here either. Not sure it matters but two video clips of different frame rates in the same project are exhibiting this problem. The first cut is fine, but a second cut is impossible.

Is this some basic setting I clicked on perhaps? Any other ideas?

Thanks
Bill

Return to posts index

Bill Henderson
Re: Premiere Newb - Why Can't I Razor-Cut a Single Frame of Video?
on Aug 25, 2017 at 6:51:18 pm

Well FYI - if I start from a brand new project and import a fresh clip, it's working fine. I was hoping to use my existing project since I'd spent hours editing other pieces, but since I've just spent hours failing to do this basic thing, I'm tempted to just keep going on my new project.

Return to posts index

Bret Hampton
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:11:53 pm

Bill

That's an odd one. Only thing I can think of is you're editing clips with Long GOP structures. Those can be 15 frames and you can't cut within that range. These are used in DVD/Blu-ray compression. Check your sequence settings and file types.

Also try the same thing with a Color Matte. Make a matte, put in timeline and stretch out to several seconds. Razor cut within that. If it works that points to a file issue. If it doesn't work maybe sequence settings.

Return to posts index

Bill Henderson
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:22:37 pm

Thanks Brett - yes I believe it was sequence settings. I'd been playing around with Blu-Ray output. It hasn't happened again.

Return to posts index

Bret Hampton
on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:33:16 pm

That's good

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]