FORUMS: list search recent posts

Essential Graphics selection bug?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heiser
Essential Graphics selection bug?
on Aug 23, 2017 at 10:31:12 pm

I have two clips from Essential Graphics on top of one another in the timeline (one on V2, the other on V3). I can't edit them independently. Premiere wants to select the text or other objects only for the one on top. Whether the track is active or the clip is selected have no effect on the problem.

If one of them is from an animated template created in AE and the other is a static title, the Tool will only select the animated one, regardless of whether it's on top or bottom.

Thoughts? I plan to file a bug report, but wanted to check with other users first.

Thanks - John

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Essential Graphics selection bug?
on Aug 23, 2017 at 11:42:08 pm

Hi John,

This is expected behavior. This is specific to having the AE template in the sequence above or below the Premiere title. If you move the Premiere title so that its no above or below the AE template you can modify the text as you desired.

So not necessarily a bug but I understand why you would want it to behave differently. Please file a feature request. You're the only person I've heard this request from ☺

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Peter Garaway
Adobe

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Essential Graphics selection bug?
on Aug 24, 2017 at 2:27:09 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 25, 2017 at 6:38:25 pm

[Peter Garaway] "This is expected behavior. This is specific to having the AE template in the sequence above or below the Premiere title. "

I have to ask myself why such a thing would have even mattered.
I work with multiple layers of text & graphics in CC 2015 and will soon be forced to have 2017, so thank you for the warning.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]